How to Effectively Grow Your Email List with FastPages
Whether you’re trying to create an online presence for your business or brand, it is necessary to have a loyal following. Once you’ve created your website and set up your social media platforms, you still need to find an audience that is interested in your content, and will, therefore, convert into subscribers, customers or readers. To do this, it is important to grow an email list of your site visitors, so you can keep them updated through email marketing.
Studies have shown that returning visitors have 75% higher conversions than new visitors. However, averagely, only 30% of the people who visit your site return to it. Email marketing gives your site visitors a good reason to come back to your site, consequently increasing your website traffic. According to HubSpot, email marketing generates $38 for every dollar spent, therefore offering the highest return on investments for businesses. You can use personalized emails to update your potential customers on new blog posts, offers, products or services.
There are several known ways of collecting potential customers’ emails for online marketing, such as social media ads, popups, or email finder tools. However, although they are the least popular, landing pages have been found to have the highest conversions rates of approximately 23%.
You can easily create your landing page with FastPages, a landing page builder with over 150 elegantly-designed templates and sections, multiple app integrations, and an easy-to-use interface that requires no coding knowledge. It’s so simple that anyone can do it. Below are some of the effective steps for growing a loyal email list with FastPages:
1. Design Your Landing Page
FastPages has quite a number of optimized landing page templates for every campaign that you may think of. You can create a landing page that is dedicated to your mail list. They come with simple signup forms that guarantee conversions on your landing page. Select from any of the templates then customize it, or simply create your landing page from scratch on the blank page. Below are some of the tips on how you can optimize your landing page design to collect more email signups and subscriptions:
- Signup Forms: Keep your lead-capturing forms short by collecting only the basic information that you need. You can include multiple signup forms on your landing page, particularly above the fold, and at the bottom of your page.
- Content: Add well-scripted content, captivating headlines, and a convincing, unique value proposition in a language that is simple enough for your target audience.
- Call-to-Action: Compel your site visitors to sign up with a conspicuously designed call-to-action. It should be direct and straight to the point.
- Credibility: Add testimonials, reviews, certifications, or awards as proof of the credibility of your brand or business. An email is quite personal, and your site visitors have to develop enough trust and confidence in your brand to issue it.
- A/B Testing: Always test multiple layouts of your landing page designs to see what works for your clients, then tweak it for higher performance.
- Mobile-friendly Design: Ensure that your landing page is responsive and equally looks great on your mobile devices. With FastPages, you can effortlessly switch to the mobile view to preview what your site looks like on mobile devices.
- Exit popup: Popups have been proven to have a conversion rate of about 3%. While this might seem low, incorporating an exit popup into your landing page allows all your site visitors to reconsider signing up before leaving your landing page, just in case they failed to do so on the landing page itself.
2. Offer an Incentive
Nothing is for free. You have to offer your site visitors an enticing incentive in exchange for their email addresses and time. Add a lead magnet on your landing page and give them a reason to sign up without thinking twice. Here are some great incentives you can offer your site visitors on your FastPages landing page:
- Create a Blog Section: Blogs are frequently updated with new content. Offering to send your site visitors email updates on valuable blogs and content is a great way to collect their emails. You can also offer content upgrades at the end of all your blog posts by prompting them to sign up for bonus content.
- Issue EBooks and Checklists: Downloads of PDF files of eBooks, checklists, or other valuable resources that add value to your customer can be offered in exchange for their email addresses.
- Give an Offer, Discount, Giveaways, and Coupons: This is another amazing incentive for your site visitors. No one can pass up a good offer or discount. You will get thousands of signups in no time.
- Free Online Tool, Course or Content: By creating an insightful course or giving access to free online tools or content by your brand, such as templates, stock images, excel sheets, converters, or calculators, you can easily acquire the emails of your site visitors.
- Free Trials: If you’re specialized in online software, apps or tools, giving your site visitors a one-time free trial for the paid service is a great way to collect emails, as they test it out.
3. Select and Set up an Email Campaign Tool
It is highly essential to select an efficient email campaign tool to link to your signup forms, such as MailChimp, ActiveCampaign, or MailCampaigns. Most email campaign tools have a free plan with limited features that you can upgrade as your contacts grow in number. The advantages of email campaign tools are that they allow you to easily categorize the contacts in your mail lists, design and send out automated email campaigns triggered by different actions, and monitor the level of engagement of your site visitors.
For instance, you can set up your email campaign tool to send a welcome email immediately a contact is added to your subscription list. You can also set an automated email to go out to a specific audience in your email list whenever a new product or blog is added to your site. Setting such automated systems in place saves you the time of having to personally draft and send emails to each and every individual who signs up. FastPages allows you to integrate your landing pages and signup forms with these email marketing and campaign tools for ease of operation.
4. Publish Your Landing Page
Whether you have a website, social media account, or none of the above, you can still create a landing page for collecting emails with FastPages. Once you’re done with landing page designing, you can publish it, and FastPages will issue you with a link that you can share on your ads and across all your platforms for your target audience to click on and sign up from.
5. Share your Landing Page Link
The final stage is to draw traffic to your landing page so people can get to see it and sign up. Post your landing page links to all your social media sites, status, posts, and profiles on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Blogs, and so on. Well-crafted paid ads with high-quality visual content can create a buzz around your brand, business, or blog, and therefore influence more clicks on your landing page links. You can also create a different landing page for every platform, that is tailored to the preferences of your followers there. With FastPages, there are no limits to the number of landing pages you can create and publish.
By creating an optimized landing page design that is on-brand, you can incredibly increase the conversion rates on your signup forms. It’s never too early or too late to start growing your email list. Just set up your landing pages with FastPages and watch your email list grow into a loyal following.